Great Falls, Montana Climate & Temperature
- Great Falls, Montana, Usa is at 47°29'N, 111°21'W, 1115 m (3658 ft). See map.
- Great Falls, Montana has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Great Falls, Montana is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual average temperature is 7.1 degrees Celsius (44.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.1 °C (47°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 1°C (33.7°F) on average falling to -9.7°C (14.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.6°C (54.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.1°C (31.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.6°C (79.9°F) and average low temperatures are 10.7°C (51.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14.2°C (57.5°F) during the day and lows of 1.4°C (34.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 386.3 mm (15.2 inches) which is equivalent to 386.3 Litres/m² (9.47 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2956 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Great Falls, Montana you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Great Falls, Montana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 332.1 kms (206.4 miles) NNW
- Lethbridge (Cda), Ab, Canada - 267.5 kms (166.2 miles) NNW
- Libby, Mt, Usa - 327.9 kms (203.7 miles) WNW
- Kalispell, Montana, Usa - 234.5 kms (145.7 miles) WNW
- Augusta, Mt, Usa - 71.9 kms (44.7 miles) SW
- Missoula, Mt, Usa - 214.7 kms (133.4 miles) WSW
- Helena, Mt, Usa - 109.3 kms (67.9 miles) SSW
- Dillon, Mt, Usa - 303.3 kms (188.5 miles) SSW
- Medicine Hat, Ab, Canada - 285.9 kms (177.7 miles) N
- Sachs Harbour, Nt, Canada - 215.2 kms (133.7 miles) NNE
- Manyberries, Alberta, Canada - 193.4 kms (120.2 miles) NNE
- Billings/ Logan, Mt, Usa - 286 kms (177.7 miles) SE
- Red Lodge, Mt, Usa - 302.9 kms (188.2 miles) SSE
- Livingston, Mt, Usa - 277.6 kms (172.5 miles) S
- Yellowstone Park, Wyoming, Usa - 284.5 kms (176.8 miles) S