Great Falls, Montana Climate & Temperature
- Great Falls, Montana, Usa is at 47°29'N, 111°21'W, 1115 m (3658 ft). See map.
- Great Falls, Montana has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Great Falls, Montana is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 7.1 degrees Celsius (44.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.1 °C (47°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 1°C (33.7°F) on average falling to -9.7°C (14.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.6°C (54.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.1°C (31.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.6°C (79.9°F) and average low temperatures are 10.7°C (51.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14.2°C (57.5°F) during the day and lows of 1.4°C (34.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 386.3 mm (15.2 inches) which is equivalent to 386.3 Litres/m² (9.47 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2956 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Great Falls, Montana you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Great Falls, Montana Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Great Falls, Montana Climate Graph in Metric Units
Great Falls, Montana Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Great Falls, Montana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 332.1 kms (206.4 miles) NNW
- Lethbridge (Cda), Ab, Canada - 267.5 kms (166.2 miles) NNW
- Libby, Mt, Usa - 327.9 kms (203.7 miles) WNW
- Kalispell, Montana, Usa - 234.5 kms (145.7 miles) WNW
- Augusta, Mt, Usa - 71.9 kms (44.7 miles) SW
- Missoula, Mt, Usa - 214.7 kms (133.4 miles) WSW
- Helena, Mt, Usa - 109.3 kms (67.9 miles) SSW
- Dillon, Mt, Usa - 303.3 kms (188.5 miles) SSW
- Medicine Hat, Ab, Canada - 285.9 kms (177.7 miles) N
- Sachs Harbour, Nt, Canada - 215.2 kms (133.7 miles) NNE
- Manyberries, Alberta, Canada - 193.4 kms (120.2 miles) NNE
- Billings/ Logan, Mt, Usa - 286 kms (177.7 miles) SE
- Red Lodge, Mt, Usa - 302.9 kms (188.2 miles) SSE
- Livingston, Mt, Usa - 277.6 kms (172.5 miles) S
- Yellowstone Park, Wyoming, Usa - 284.5 kms (176.8 miles) S